Cupar Arts Festival, Liminality, Site-specific Artworks.
Passing Loop was a multi-site, site-specific installation in Cupar, Fife, UK on the theme of Liminality for Cupar Arts Festival 2016.
The works are situated in Cupar Train Station and County Buildings.
Window and Poster Text and Image Credits
- Text: extract from "Remember" by Rossetti, C (1862). Image: Wenceslaus Hollar [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons (1664)
- Text: "Arrivals". Google Definition search. Table Data: Vital Events Reference Tables 2014 | National Records of Scotland. [online] Available at: http://www.nrscotland.gov.uk/statistics-and-data/statistics/statistics-by-theme/vital-events/general-publications/vital-events-reference-tables/2014/section-3-births.
- Text: "The colour is in the mixture" Artist. Image: Pia desideria: or, divine addresses : in three books. Illustrated with XLVII. copper-plates : Hugo, Herman, 1588-1629 : Internet Archive. [online] Available at: https://archive.org/details/piadesideriaordi00hugo
- Text: "Departures". Google Definition search. Table Data: Vital Events Reference Tables 2014 | National Records of Scotland. [online] Available at: http://www.nrscotland.gov.uk/statistics-and-data/statistics/statistics-by-theme/vital-events/general-publications/vital-events-reference-tables/2014/section-5-deaths.
- Text: "Reduce the multiformity of the of the world to common forms" Adapted from Frayn, M (2009). Image: Dudeen Color Triangle: https://artdenotes.wordpress.com/category/painting/color-triangle/
- Text: "The finalities of production are pre-specified in the symbolic forms of culture" Ingold, T. (2011). Image: Text: Ingold; T (2011).; Image: Icones mortis : sexaginta imaginibus; totidemq[ue] : Holbein; Hans; 1497-1543 : Internet Archive. [online] Available at: https://archive.org/details/iconesmortissexa01holb.
- Text: "Et in Arcadia Ego" after Poussin (c. 1639) Louvre. Image: By Blaeu [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons.
- Text: "Compared with ourselves, everything around us is neat, solid, contained..." Frayn, M. (2009). Image: Philip Henry Gosse [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons
- Text: "When I have had enough of tears and love, I turn to some poet and set out again for a new world" de Maistre, X. (1871). Image: Honter, J. (1541) Imagines Constellationum Borealium Australium. Artist's Collection.
- Text: "The charm of travelling..." Frayn, M (2009). Image: Engraving by Swan, after Stewart (1840), in History of the County of Fife - Vol 3, Leighton
- Text: "Our reading of the world and our mastery of notations are intimately linked" Frayn, M (2009). Image: Heck, JG (1851) Iconographic encyclopaedia of science, literature, and art.
For more information please visit http://cupararts.org.uk/.